For you to remember I don’t read book a lot. I started this year by only challenging myself to read 35 books which I thought would be damn hard because I am just a lazy lass. Like last year almost end of December I still had about 3 or 4 books behind the schedule and I was just reading anything to complete the challenge. But surprisingly surprised, I surpassed this year’s goodreads reading challenge too easily.
Here is the link for the books I have read (and I don’t count comic books). I am reading Novel Hujan Bulan Juni by Sapardi Djoko Damono, let’s see if I can finish this year.
I tried to join other challenges but somehow it didn’t work well for me. I am failed in 2015 Reading Challenge hosted by Perpus Kecil because I am too lazy to write the review and I am sometimes being a moody reader. Another failure is in Tantangan Babat Timbunan hosted by Oky Dan Buku. Pledge to buy max. 2 books after reading 5 books? Yeah keep dreaming!
But I was okay with my self-challenge. I am not going to tell them except this one: This year I challenged myself to read amore/chiclit/metropop or whatever it calls. I borrowed some, I got for free also some, I bought few. And I think I managed it well. If not mistaken I read about 14 (OMG 14!!!) contemporary
shit romance books this year. I had fun for some, even when I thought the story is just so so, the writing is enjoyable. But to be honest some are just crap I felt like being tortured.
But I read very good books also. Based on not so many books I read, here are my top 5 Fave:
- Di Bawah Lindungan Ka’bah – HAMKA. The prose is just sooooooo muuucccch beauuuutifuuulll I uber looooveee ittt.
- The Casual vacancy – J.K. Rowling. For it is a challenge by Bzee, I thank her much. It is a darn crazy book I read this year.
- Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage – Haruki Murakami. Not the best of him for sure but I just love it!
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han. The story is not exaggerating and it is a lovely YA one. Suit my taste!
- Nobody’s Boy – Hector Malot. I wasn’t patient enough reading this one. But in the end I felt like sobbing like a river under the shower.
That’s my short report of 2015 reading life. See you next year!